Cauliflower and tumeric pickles Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
- First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
- Cut the cauliflower into florets of the required size.
- Press them down into the mason jar.
- Fill with water until 2cm from the rim. Take the cauliflower out the jar and leave the water. Set the scales and add the salt to the jar.
- Mix with a spoon to help the salt dissolve in the water. This may take a little time, but it is important to wait until the salt has fully dissolved.
- Grate the tumeric, then mix it with the salt water, or put it in a mixer together with the salt water. Put the coriander seeds in the mason jar.
- Add the pieces of cauliflower and bay leaves to the jar. Place 1 or 2 bay leaves in the middle and the others on the top.
- Clean the rim of the jar. Close the jar with the rubber seal in place. Keep it on a small dish (in case any juice escapes) at room temperature and out of direct sunlight.
- Wait a few weeks before tasting. Store in a cool area after opening and consume within 4 weeks.
From Jarres Crues