Carrot soup Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servings4
- Wash, peel and slice the carrots. Peel and chop the shallot. Clean the ginger and cut into thin slices.
- In a large stockpot, cook the shallot and ginger in 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Add the carrots and cook for 3 minutes while stirring. Add salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of curcuma (to taste), then pour in 1 L of water and cook covered for around 20 minutes (until the carrots are softened).
- Add the coconut milk, then blend with a hand blender until you get the desired texture. If the velouté seems too thick, add some water. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring.
- Immediately fill your jars up to 2 cm from the rim, close and sterilise for 1 hour at 100°C.