Blanquette de Veau (veal Ragout) Recipe
2 h 10
2 h 10
Heat treatment time
Number of servingsn/a
Le Parfait Familia Wiss 750
- Sterilise your jars by washing them in hot, soapy water and letting them air dry.
- Cut the veal into large cubes and place them in a pot. Cover with cold water, add the stock cubes and bring to a boil.
- Peel and slice the carrots, peel and quarter the onions. Put the carrots and onions, as well as the bouquet garni, into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on a low boil for 1 ½ to 2 hours.
- Cut the stems off the mushrooms. Rinse them and cut them into pieces. Add them to the pot and continue to cook for around 20 minutes.
- Remove the herb bunch. Immediately apportion the meat and vegetables into the terrines, then add the broth up to 2cm below the edge. Close and proceed immediately with the heat treatment, 2 hours at 100°C (212°F).
- When you are ready to serve the veal ragout, heat the contents of the terrine in a pot. Prepare the sauce by mixing butter and flour in a pan on low heat until it reaches a golden colour. Add 2-3 ladlefuls of broth. Let stew for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolk, lemon juice, and crème fraîche. Pour in the butter and flour mixture while beating continually. Pour the entire mixture into the pot with the ragout, mix, and remove from heat.