Apricot And Almond Jam Recipe
Number of servings4 to 6 servings
Le Parfait Jam Jars
- Choose ripe apricots. Wash, remove stones and chop roughly.
- Check to ensure you have 1.2 kg of stoned fruit, as required.
- Shell, peel and cut the almonds in half.
- Put the apricots, sugar, lemon juice and almonds into a preserving pan, stir well and leave to macerate for a few hours.
- Stir and bring to the boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil, cook over a high heat, stirring constantly, for approximately 7 minutes if using jam sugar or 15-20 minutes if using regular sugar.
- Check the set by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate and tilting the plate. The jam should flow slowly.
- Skim to remove scum, if necessary.
- Immediately pour jam into Le Parfait Jam Jars. Seal tightly and turn the jars upside down.