Recipe Lemon jam
IngredientsNumber of persons: Several
- Wash the lemons, peel 6 lemons, making thin spirals 1 to 2 cm wide. Immerse them in boiling water for 30 minutes, until they are soft to the bite. drain, rinse and let stand in a large container of cold water.
- Meanwhile, peel the lemons and cut them into cubes, removing the seeds and white parts. Proceed above your cooking container to avoid waste and not lose the lemon juice. To weigh.
- Place the flesh of the lemons in the cooking container, bring to the boil and cook at a rolling boil for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest after draining and cutting it into sticks with scissors, add the sugar (1kg of sugar for 1kg of flesh) and return to the heat. Allow 10 minutes from boiling.
- Check the cooking by pouring a few drops onto a cold plate then tilting the plate. The lemon jam should flow slowly.
- Skim and proceed without delay to potting your citrus jam. Immediately close each jam jar lid and turn them over.