Recipe Artichokes in Oil
IngredientsNumber of persons: 4
- Prepare a salad bowl with cold lemon water.
- Remove the first row of small green leaves and turn the artichoke using a vegetable peeler or a small knife. Cut off the green leaves at the base to keep only the white.
- Let the artichokes soak in the cold lemon water while you prepare the vinegar.
- In a saucepan, heat the wine, vinegar and water over medium heat, then add 3 bay leaves, 1 sprig of thyme, 1 pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of whole pepper. Let infuse for 10 minutes.
- Cook the artichokes in the vinegar for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain the artichokes on a board, cut them in half and lay them in a recipient.
- Add a sprig of thyme, whole garlic cloves and 3 bay leaves.
You can leave them to marinate for 7 days, then enjoy, or choose to sterilise your recipient for longer storage. Immerse the recipient in boiling water for 20 minutes; it will keep for 8 to 10 months.
Recipe by The Social Food for Le Parfait