White kimchi by Sang-Hoon Degeimbre Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
First, let’s read the how to guide to learn everything about fermentation!
Make a brine by dissolving 50 gr of salt into water. Soak half of the cabbage in it and srinkle with salt. Let wilt for 5 hours
- Julienne the daikon, carrots and onions. Chisel the spring onions. Crush together garlic and ginger in a mortar. Mix all the ingredient in a bowl
- Grate with a microplane the apple and pear
- Rinse and drain the cabbage. Put the mixture between each cabbage leaf, and then roll it thanks to the biggest leaf.
- Tuck in the preparation inside a Le Parfait jar and add a bit oh the brine to cover the kimchi.
- Keep at room temperature (22°) for 10 days to start the fermenting process. After 10 days keep in the fridge.
Your Kimchi can be eaten right after the 10 days, but like wine, it gets better with time (you can preserve it for 1 to 2 years)