Tricolour Jar For Tots Recipe
Number of servingsRecommended for babies of 12 months of age and older
1. Wash and peel the courgettes, carrots and parsnips. Soak them around 5 minutes in water mixed with distilled white vinegar.
2. Use a paring knife to slice the vegetables into thin slices of about the same size. Boil each kind of vegetable separately in salted water for about 15 minutes. The vegetables are cooked when the tip of a knife pierces them easily.
3. When cooked, drain the vegetables in a colander and run cold water over them to stop the cooking. Set aside while you prepare the other varieties of vegetables.
4. For each kind of vegetable, purée with a hand masher or in a blender, then run the mixture through a chinois or strainer to achieve a silky smooth texture. Add the olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste
5. In a Le Parfait Super terrine, layer the carrot purée, followed by the parsnip purée, and finally the courgette purée. Close the terrine and immediately sterilise for 30 minutes at 100°C.
When it’s time to feed your baby, open the terrine and heat it in the microwave. Be sure to check the temperature by sampling with a spoon before giving it to your baby!