Smoked tofu, button mushroom and walnut terrine Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servings6 servings
- Place the green lentils in a pot of cold water with the bouquet garni. Cook for about 20 minutes until the skins begin to split. Remove the bouquet garni and drain the lentils. Set aside until completely cooled.
- Cut the smoked tofu into small pieces.
- Peel the shallot and slice thinly. Pour the oil into a pan. Sweat the shallot over low heat.
- Remove the mushroom stalks, brush the heads to remove any dirt, then cut in four. Add the mushrooms to the pan. Let simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour the lentils into the mixer bowl. When the lentils are almost pureed, add the mushrooms, raw cream, garlic clove, salt and calvados. Blend until the mixture is smooth, with a few chunks remaining. Add the walnut pieces. Blend lightly.
- Divide the mixture into two jars, pushing down lightly, and filling to 2 cm from the top. Close the jars and immediately proceed with heat treatment for 3 hours at 100°C.
Tip: Serve the vegetable terrine with a generous slice of sourdough bread and pickled radish or carrot to add a touch of acidity.
Recipes by Jill Cousin for Le Parfait – Photographies by Anne-Claire Héraud