Radish seedpod pickles Recipe
Number of servingsSeveral
3 Le Parfait Super Terrines 350
- Harvest the seedpods from the radish (fruit), choosing them young and green so that they remain crisp. For 3 small jars, let the seeds of about 5 radish plants sprout, then harvest them. This also works with nasturtium or plantain flower buds, for example.
- Prepare the brine: Rinse the seedpods in clear water and prepare a brine by diluting 15 g of salt in 30 cl of water. Leave to soak for 24 hours.
- Prepare the vinegar: To do this, prepare a pickle base, bringing to a boil for at least 5 minutes:
- 350 ml of cider vinegar
- 150 ml of water
- 100 g sugar
- 10 g coarse salt
- Generous quantity of aromatic herbs: ginger, fennel seeds, dill, coriander, mustard, Szechuan pepper for example.
- Clean the jars, and set up the seals. Add the seeds rinsed of the brine bath, fresh fennel, chopped radishes (whatever you have on hand), and a sprig of rosemary thyme or tarragon. Add the boiling flavoured vinegar and close the jars.
Set aside for 2 weeks.
Recipe by Claire Poirrier