Number of servings8 servings
Le Parfait Super Jar 2l
- Combine water and salt and mix until the salt dissolves.
- Add prepared vegetables to the brine solution. Add a plate or large plastic lid on top of the vegetables and then a weight on top. Allow this to soak for 8 hours. Remove the vegetables from the brine mixture. Reserve the brine for later use.
- Place the chilli, chilli powder, ginger and garlic in a food processor and puree it into a paste. Add the brine as needed to blend into a loose paste. Massage the vegetables for a few minutes to soften them further.
- Mix the paste into the vegetables well, being sure to coat each piece.
- Pack the kimchi tightly into your prepared jar. Make sure to leave a 4cm gap at the top of the jar for the kimchi to expand.
- Leave at room temperature for 4-8 days, making sure to ‘burp’ the jar every day and check after 4 days for required sourness. When the desired flavour is reached transfer the jar to the fridge. This will keep for 9 months refrigerated.