Endives with ham Recipe
Heat treatment time
Number of servings4-6 servings
- Clean the endives without washing them (remove any damaged leaves) and cut off their stems.
- In a stockpot, put 30 g of butter, the lemon juice, 500 ml of water and the endives. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat, then cook for 30 minutes on medium heat. Drain the endives and set aside to cool.
- At the same time, reduce the béchamel sauce for 5 minutes on low heat, then add the cheese, the rest of the butter, and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Roll the endives in the slices of ham and carefully arrange them vertically in the terrines.
- Pour the hot béchamel sauce in the terrines up to 2 cm from the rim.
- Close and immediately sterilise for 40 minutes at 100°C.