Chili con carne Recipe
Number of servings2 servings
Le Parfait Super 1000 Terrines
- Rinse the beans in cold water, cover with 3 times their volume of water and soak for 12 hours.
- Drain and put the beans in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring them to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes depending of the size of the beans. Regularly add water as the beans should always be covered, the beans shouldn’t be entirely cooked at the end of this time and may still be hard.
- Meanwhile, chop the carrots, onions, garlic and peppers.
- In a saucepan with olive oil, caramelize the carrots, then add the onions, garlic, peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- In another saucepan, brown the minced meat. Add the vegetables, the tomato concentrate and drained beans. Season with salt, pepper, add the cumin and chili powder (adjust to your taste) and simmer for another 5 minutes. At this point the chili should look a bit “liquid”, this is normal. If it looks too thick add more tomato concentrate.
- Meanwhile, wash the jars with very hot water, let them air dry and boil the rubber seals.
- Fill the Le Parfait Super Terrines up to 2 cm from the brim. Seal tightly and proceed to the heat treatment: 1h30 at 100°C.