Recipe Beef Stew in Burgundy
- Difficulty level:
- 2 / 5
- Number of servings
- 15 servings
- Users rating
- 0 / 5 0
- Preparation time
- Heat treatment time
- Le Parfait
- In batches, brown the beef in olive oil. Set aside.
- Brown the lardons or bacon and the garlic in olive oil, for about 5 minutes. Add the onions and shallots and sprinkle with paprika. Season to taste and set aside.
- Heat the stock in a large pan.
- Meanwhile, sauté the mushrooms in a little of olive oil over a high heat.
- When the stock is boiling, add the mushrooms, bacon and onion mix, beef and its juices, red wine and carrots. Simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Transfer into Le Parfait Super Terrines, up to 2cm below the brim.
- Seal tightly and proceed to the heat treatment: 1 hour in a pressure cooker.
- To serve, transfer the stew to a pan and add thickener, flour or cornflour and cook for a few minutes. Ensure the stew is heated thoroughly.
It is alleged that the Dukes of Burgundy stole this recipe from the Flemish during their occupation of Flanders. Lacking good beer, they attempted to recreate the dish with wine! Whatever the true tale, this iconic French dish is truly delicious.